Google Play Store is a digital distribution app service that offers plenty of apps in various categories like music, movies, TV programs, magazines, games, etc. These apps can be downloaded on your Android, iOS and Windows devices.
How to download Google Play Store on Windows phone?
The following are the steps you need to follow to get the Google Play Store installed on your Windows smart phone.
Step by step process
- It is important that you have a Windows 8.1 version or more installed on your computer or laptop to start with. This is the only way you can get the best support on your Windows phone.
- Take your Windows phone and locate the Settings option of the phone by tapping on the Home screen button.
- After you have located the Settings option, tap on it.
- Scroll down to locate the Update and Security option and then tap on it.
- In this folder, look for the ‘For Developer’ option and tap on it.
- Scroll down to locate the Turn on device option and tap on it. You should turn the option of the Find the device to the ON position.
- After this, you should tap on the Pair option.
- Once you tap on the pair, you will see a six-digit code to show up on your Windows phone screen. Make note of this code. This is the code that you should input in order to pair your Windows phone and your Windows desktop or laptop.
- Now move on to your laptop or desktop. Turn it on and open the web browser on the device. Search for the APKDeployment.rar file online. Once you locate it, click on it to download the .rar file on your computer.
- The file will take some time to download. After the download is over, you should extract the file and store it on your computer. You can open the APKDeployment folder on your computer’s screen and extract the .rar files in this folder.
- After the extraction is over, visit the APKDeployment folder and run the IpOverUsbinstaller.msi, vcredist_x86.exe and APKDeployment.exe files that you see in the new folder.
- You should key in the six-digit code that you have generated on your Windows phone in the respective box on the computer screen and then click on the Pair option to pair your desktop or laptop with your Windows phone. This is important to transfer the Play Store app from your desktop to your phone.
- Please be patient and give time for the phone and your computer to get connected.
- You should now download the Google Play Store apk file on your desktop or laptop. It can be found online easily.
- The apk file that you have downloaded must be dragged and dropped into the APKDeployment folder.
- After the APK file is seen in the folder, choose the Deploy all for the multiple apps option or the Deploy for an individual app option according to your need. You should have some patience and wait till all the apps get moved to your device.
Now all the Android apps are transferred on your Windows mobile.
Steps to side load Android apps on Windows phones
If you want to run the Android apps that you have transferred from your Windows PC to your Windows phone, you need to carry the side loading process of the Android apps. The steps involved in the side loading of the Android apps on the phone are as follows:
- You should search for the wconnect option and get it downloaded on your Windows phone first. After this, you should also download the SDK’s ADB Android tool. You will be downloading the zip files on your phone.
- Unzip the wconnect file and store it in the wconnect folder in your Windows phone. After this is stored, you will have to unzip the ADB tool zip file and store it in another separate folder.
- First open the wconnect folder and install the vcredist_x86.exe and the IpOverUsbInstaller.msi files.
- After these two installations are complete on your device, it is time to open the Settings option on the phone by tapping on it.
- Locate the Update & Security option and tap on it and from this look for the For Developers option and choose it.
- Now locate the Developer’s Mode option and tap on it and then move on to the Device Discovery Option from the drop-down list and tap on it to choose it. The device discovery of the phone is turned on now.
- Now, it is time to visit the wconnect folder and tap on it to open the folder. Open the Administrator command prompt of the wconnect folder. The command prompt can be got by pressing the Right Shift and then clicking on the Open command window.
- It is now time to connect your Windows PC or laptop to your Windows phone. This can be done by using a micro USB cable. Now, both the devices are interconnected.
- After this connection is established, you need to type the wconnect.exe command on the command prompt and then press the Enter key.
- There will be a pairing code that will be displayed on the windows phone. The desktop computer will ask for this pairing code on its screen.
- Make sure that you enter the correct code on the PC and then press the Enter key.
- In order to see the list of the devices that are connected to your Windows PC, you should type the option ‘adb devices’ on the computer’s command prompt and then press the Enter option.
- The next option is to copy the APK file that you have downloaded on the computer to the adb folder on your device. You should type the ‘adb install APKNAME.apk’ and make sure to replace the APKNAME with the Google Play Store APK file name.
- The app will now get installed on your Windows phone. It will take a few minutes for the installation of the app. Once done, you can find the Play Store app on your phone.
- Tap on the Play Store app icon to open the app and start downloading your favorite Android apps on your Windows phone.
Opening the Google Play Store app
To download the different types of Android apps on offer on the Play Store app, you should first open the Play store. The following are the steps involved in opening the Google Play Store app on your Windows phone.
- Switch on your Windows phone and check out the apps section or swipe your home screen.
- You will find a list of apps that are stored on the phone. Scroll to locate the Google Play store icon and then tap on it.
- As you are using the Google Play Store for the first time on your Windows phone, Google will ask you to enter any of your Google account’s username and password to get access to the apps offered on the Google Play store app.
- After you have entered the username and password correctly, tap on the sign in option to open the Google Play Store app.
- You will get to see the list of apps offered on the Play Store home page.
- Choose any app that you like to use on your phone and tap on it to visit its homepage.
- You will find an install option for the app. Tap on it to start the download and installation of the app on your phone. Once installed, you will find the app placed in the apps section of your phone.