The Kindle tablet that you have is limited to the Amazon app store. This means that you will not have access to any of the applications that the Google Play Store offers. But, there is nothing to worry. You can get the Android apps running on your Kindle devices by following the guidelines given below.
How to get Google Play Store on Kindle?
There are two methods by which you can get the Google Play Store on your Kindle tablets. One option is to install the APK files on the tablet and the other one will be running a script from the Windows PC.
Downloading Android apps manually on Kindle
The latest Kindle Fire tablets have a version of the Android in it. So, you can manually install the popular Android apps on the Kindle tablets. There needs to be a bit of tweaking to be done on your device settings to get the Android apps installed on your Kindle. The steps for downloading and installing Android apps manually on Kindle are as follows:
- Tap on the apps section of your Kindle tablet and locate the settings option.
- Once you find it, tap on this option.
- Scroll through the Settings and look for the security option. Tap on the security option when you find it.
- You’ll find an option ‘apps from unknown sources’ in the security setting. You need to toggle the switch to the ‘on’ position to get the apps from unknown sources downloaded to the device.
Once done, you can now install any of the APK files that you find on the web like Gmail app, Google Maps, Hangouts, Microsoft Word, etc.
Downloading and installing the full Google Play Store app
To get the best out of the Google Play Store, it is important for you to download the full play store app on your Kindle tablet. By downloading the full version of the Google Play Store, you do not have to have to look for individual apps and download them one at a time on your device. Once you have to Google Play Store on the device you just need to open the store and grab the apps that you want. Apart from this you also get access to the Google Play services. This means you will get more apps to work and play with.
Enabling developer options
- Go to the home screen of a Kindle device and then look for the settings option.
- Once you find it, tap on the settings app and then the Device option.
- In the device option, you will find the serial number that you need to tap for 7 times.
- When you do this, you will find a popup notification to come up on the Kindle screen that says “You are now a developer”.
- You will come across a new menu option to be displayed just under need the serial number option. This new option is called the Developer Options. Tap on this.
- You will find a new option on the screen ‘Enable ADB’. This has to be turned on to enable the developer.
Installing ADB on Windows PC
The next process is to have the ADB installed on the Windows PC. You need to look for the Root Junky Super Tool option and download it on your device before proceeding. This can be found out by searching on the web. Follow the instructions given them to download the super tool.
- Make use of a micro USB cable to connect your Kindle tablet to your Windows PC.
- Look for the super tool.zip file on your computer and then extract the contents of this to a new folder called Super tool.
- You will find a batch file named ‘Install Play Store’ in the Super Tool folder that you created. This file has to be launched.
- After this file loads on your computer, you will see a menu on the screen.
- As you are looking to get the ADB driver install option, you need to type 1 and then press the enter key. This is the way that you can confirm whether the ADB is working or not.
- To test the ADB driver you can type 2 and then press the enter option. This will let you know if the ADB driver you have installed is working or not.
- If the test fails, then type one for ADB driver install to install all the necessary drivers that you need for a PC. This will help you to connect ADB with Kindle Fire tablet.
Once the ADB test is over, you can now go back to the main menu. If you want to lock the updates from the Amazon, then you need to disable the Amazon app. By doing so, you can prevent the automatic update from causing problems to your Android apps. Once everything is done, you have to restart the device immediately.
You will find the Play Store app to be seen in the Kindle tablet’s App section. You can install any of the apps from the Google Play Store on the Kindle Fire like you do with the normal Android devices.
Another version to install Play Store on your Kindle
The following are the steps involved in downloading the Google Play Store on Kindle tablets.
Downloading the Google Play Store apk files
- Before the download process, visit the settings option on your Kindle device and then choose the security options.
- In the security folder, you will have to enable the ‘Apps from unknown sources’ option in order to get the necessary APK files. This is the place from where you will get the Google Play Store.
- There are four.APK files that you need to download for your Kindle. Make sure you download the files from any trustworthy and established sources online. The files are Google Account Manager APK, Google Services Framework APK, Google Play Store APK, and Google Play Services APK.
Installing the Google Play Store apk files
- Look for the Doc file in the built-in File Manager app of the Kindle tablet. Open the Doc folder and look for the local storage option.
- You will find a lot of folders in the local storage folder. Locate the download option and tap on it.
- All the APK files that you have downloaded will be seen in this folder.
- Tap on each of these files and the download and installation of the file will immediately start.
- Make sure that you installed APK files in order. The Google Account Manager APK should be installed first, followed by the Google Services Framework APK, then the Google Play Services APK and finally the Google Play Store APK.
- You will have to install one apk file at a time.
Using the Google Play Store app
- After you have installed all the APK files, you will find the Google play store app to appear on your Kindle home screen.
- Tap on the Google Play Store app and you will be asked to sign into your Google account.
- Enter your Google account username and password in the respective boxes and then click on the sign in option to gain access to the Google Play Store app.
The Google Play store might not work immediately as soon as you sign in. The Google Play Store and Google Play services update will be going on in the background. After the automatic upgrade is over, you will find the Google store app to work just like it does on an Android device.