To make your Android device fully functional, you need to have the Google Play Store app installed on the phone. This app will already be installed as a factory setting in all the latest Android smart phones, devise or tablets.
How to open Google Play Store app?
The Google Play Store app will be seen in the application folder or interface on your Android device. This is a platform where you get to browse thousands of apps in different categories. You can download the applications that you want on your phone directly from the Google Play Store.
The following is the procedure to open the Google Play Store app.
- It is very important that you have a Google Play Store or a Google account to use the Play Store app on your device.
- You can login to the Google Play Store account with any of your existing Google accounts like Gmail account or Google Hangouts account. You can use the same username and password to get instant access to Play Store app on the device.
- If you do not have a Google account, then you should first open a Google account and get your Google username and password created. Once done, use these details to log into the Google Play Store app.
- The first time you click on the Google Play Store icon on your Android device, you will be asked if you have an existing Google account or you do not have a Google account.
- Click on the existing Google account option and enter your username and password when asked.
- Once done, click on the sign in option to get instant access to the Google Play Store app.
- Here, you will find plenty of options and main categories on offer like home. Movies, books, games, newsstand and music. Tap on any option that you like to browse through the different apps offered under the chosen section.
- You will also come across various other categories like most popular, top downloaded, recent launches, suggested apps, etc., on the main Play Store app page. Just tap on the option you want to gain access to that category.
- In order to gain access to the Play Store app, your Android device must be connected to the internet. You can connect to the internet through Wi-Fi option or by turning on the mobile data option on the device.
- If you are looking to search a particular app, then you just need to type the app’s name in the search box seen next to search icon. Type the app’s name and tap on the search option to get a list of the apps that you are looking for.
Downloading apps through Google Play Store
There are thousands and thousands of apps on offer for every genre and category in the Google Play Store. These apps offered in the Play Store are Android friendly and will work on all your Android devices. The Google Play Store apps in various categories are offered as free and paid apps.
How to download free apps from Google Play Store?
The procedure to download the free application offered on the Google Play Store is very easy.
- Tap on the Google Play Store app on your Android device that is located in the apps section. It will be seen on the screen as an inverted triangle.
- You should log on to your Google Play Store account to get access to the apps in the store.
- You can use your Gmail or any other service username and password in the respective boxes of the Google Play Store app to get access to the Play Store main page.
- Once in the Play Store, browse through the different apps that are offered under various categories.
- If you know the name of the app you want to download, and then just tap on the search option seen on top of the Play Store page. Type the app’s name and then tap on the search icon seen in the type box.
- A list of apps that is similar to your search will come up on the screen.
- Just scroll up or down to locate the app that you want and tap on it.
- You will now be directed to the app info page where you will find the information about the app. Some apps might even have a small video preview of the app. Tap on the preview to watch it before you can download.
- Once you are in the free app that you want to download, you will see an install option in green on the page.
- Tap on it and the app will automatically get downloaded and then installed on your Android device. Be patient, this might take a few minutes.
- Once the app is downloaded, you will see the option of open the app on your screen. If you would like to open the app, then tap on the open option or else tap on the home screen.
- The icon of the free Play Store app you have downloaded will be placed in the apps folder along with other apps that you have on your device.
- Look for it and tap on it to get direct access to the app and to use it.
How to download paid apps?
The process to download and use the Google Play Store paid apps are more or less similar to the process to download the free apps. Here, you need to make the payment for the app to get access to the install and download option of the app. The procedure to download and use the paid apps from Google Play Store are as follows:
- Visit the Google Play Store on your Android device by locating the icon and tapping on it.
- If you have not signed in to Google Play Store account on the device, then you will first be asked to verify your Google account before getting access to the Play Store main page.
- Type in your Google email address as the username and the password for the email address in the respective boxes and gain access to Google Play Store home page.
- Here, you need to type the name of the paid app you want to download on the search option.
- Once you tap on the app, you will be asked to make payment for the app to get access to the download and install option.
- You will need to link a payment account to your Google Play Store account.
- You will be directed to your Play Store account page where you will find the “add an account” option.
- You have many options to add a payment method like credit/debit cards, net banking, redeem code, etc. Choose one option and fill in the details to complete the “add a payment method” option.
- The payment options will be saved to your account so that you can purchase other apps in the future.
- After you have made the payment of the app, you will see the install option to come up on the screen. Tap on it and the download and installation of the app will start instantly.
- Once the installation is over, you can tap on the open option of the app to start using the app.
It is important that you check out the terms and conditions of the app before carrying out the installation process.